Today we will do something active again and introduce you to a few easy exercises from progressive muscle relaxation. (If you have a muscle disease, however, you should first clarify whether these are suitable for you). The exercises each consist of a phase of tension (7 - 10 seconds) and a phase of relaxation (20 - 30 seconds) and can therefore also be done in between at the desk.
For all exercises: breathe calmly and concentrate on the respective muscles.
- Clench your right hand into a fist, tense the muscles in your entire right arm, and then relax them again.
- Proceed in the same way with the left side.
- Frown as much as possible and raise the eyebrows as much as possible, then relax them again.
- Pinch eyelids together and roll eyeballs back and forth, then relax again.
- Lower jaw forward as far as possible, then relax again.
- Push head back as far as possible in upright position, then relax neck muscles again.
- Pull shoulders up as far as possible and let them drop again.
- Continue to work in a relaxed manner.